The cold season is fast approaching in Norwalk and when the temperature drops, the utility bills can often surge. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during Norwalk winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can trickle in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella of Norwalk team a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to create a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to solve these issues before the colder temperatures hit Norwalk.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Norwalk a call at 203-663-3778 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.