Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the ambiance that guests have when arriving at your Norwalk home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and involve a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring an entire look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can draw attention to particular door details and shift attention away from other out dated aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major facelift.
Greet guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a lasting first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Norwalk, give them a call at 203-663-3778 or arrange an appointment online to work through all the options for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.